6.04.2009

chasing the dream


this morning i went on a writing date with myself .
we went to starbucks.
me, myself, and our computer.
and a notebook.
a comfy chair was involved and so was some fabulous
(but inappropriate for getting into a writing groove)
latin music.

i wrote a few paragraphs
that left me feeling uninspired.
i got sort of cranky about being there.
then i remembered that i have made many choices recently
that have afforded myself the time and opportunity to spend time writing.
so i wrote a little more.
and then i left.
but i have to have to have to believe
that every 20 or 30 minute chunk of time
every choice to go write instead of going home
will eventually set a rhythm, habit, and pattern.
eventually all of these chunks of writing will be edited
and worked
and moved around
until something i love and feel proud of sits on my bookshelf
and hopefully yours too.

baby steps.
one
two
three.

1 Comments:

Blogger RachelDenbow said...

I'll be having one on my book shelf, thank you very much!

Glad you're back here, Cara!

3:11 PM, June 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home