4.02.2006

Belly


Putting all comments from the small hospitalized child about my "baaaaby" aside, I have gained weight.

My clothes don't fit anymore. Last night we went to Old Navy to see if we could find some temporary fat clothes for each of us so we can be comfortable until we loose some weight. After trying on about 23 pieces of clothing, I had two that fit. One was ruled out because it just wasn't that cute. The other was ruled out because even though it was comfortable, cute and flowy, I look pregnant in it. Or, in Herb's words, "You don't really look pregnant, but you look like those ladies that know they are pregnant and start wearing maternity clothes too soon." Better, but still not worth buying. But it gave me an idea . . .

"Okay babe, here is how we are going to solve my weight & clothing issue: You are going to get me pregnant so I don't have to worry about getting back to my regular size just yet and I can wear cute maternity clothes instead. I mean (head cocked to one side, cute look on face, while rubbing exaggerated stuck out belly), look how cute I would be if you just knocked me up!"

Needless to say, he did not buy a fashion crisis as a substantial reason to start our family just yet. So, we will continue working on our marriage, I will hit the gym, and hopefully in the mean time, Old Navy will keep improving their maternity line.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger cara harjes said...

wow. well, after a two and a half hour stint at Ann Taylor Loft today, i think we averted the issue. I decided to buy some higher quality clothes in a bigger size instead of having a baby. It will be cheaper this way.
Long life structured fabrics and peasent shirts!

6:09 PM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger cara harjes said...

Lolita,
You're wearing a size 4 again? Are you sure you're not pregnant? You aren't normally so big.

7:36 AM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger hintofdisaster said...

There goes my (imagined) widescreen TV; the fantasy traded in for Babystyle clothing.

12:24 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger cara harjes said...

oooh, watch out! i just looked at the Babystyle clothing website.
first of all, it makes me want to get knocked up just to wear their clothes. but i just went on a shopping spree so i can't outgrow my new clothes just yet.
secondly, who needs a widescreen frickin' TV when you have a hot action, cutely dressed, real life prego wife right there in front of you? nobody. that's who.

12:36 PM, April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home