3.22.2006

Word of the Day

I just pulled out a card from the box of Slang Flashcards I gave Herb right before we started dating. I would like to think that this wacky gift is what eventually endeared him towards me.

today's word: Crunk
repeat after me: Crunk

Crunk \'krunk' adj crunk-er; crunk-est
1: providing entertainment, amusement, excitement, or enjoyment
example: "His Bar Mitzvah is supposed to be CRUNK"
2: crazy, insane - (syn) wack, postal
example: "All of a sudden, he just got crunk on me and started screaming and shouting!"
3: intoxicated
example: "He got crunk on some nasty port"

So, here's the deal people. Crunk is a tricky word. I would love to tell you to get crunk today if you are adhering to definition number one. Go ahead, get yourself crunk! Wear your hat backwards and sing karaoke! Play Dance Dance Revolution! Get crunk. But I am nervous. What if you prefer to acknowledge definition number three? I really don't want to be your one phone call from an 8 by 8. You know what I am saying? I mean, I hear that they don't always give you one phone call. It is just like that in movies and on TV.

We'll just go with this: Get Crunk in a number one sort of way!

3 Comments:

Blogger BJ said...

Wear your hat backwards and sing karaoke?? Now, THAT sounds like a good time... :)

11:42 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger BJ said...

ha ha ha... cara! you'll love this! go to http://andebos.blogspot.com/ and go to the second post - the one that starts with the picture of me. it's my "top 25 birthday list" boy. I thought you would get a kick out of this latest post of his. Also, just for s's and g's, you should click on the "historical" button on the right side of teh screen on his blog and go to december. the first post that pops up there will make you laugh too. I mean, you're completely wrong about us, but I definitely see why you'd be confused... It makes me laugh. :) anyway - I really enjoy reading your blog. I don't always comment, but I always enjoy it. And generally laugh too! so thanks for the good times. (and yes, you know what that means...) :) love you girl!

10:29 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger cara harjes said...

careful with all the crunking, kids. maybe you should consider wearing a helmet?

3:49 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home