2.09.2006

Sexy


By the time we are in our late-20's and have more education than we know what to do with, we like to believe that we have somehow evolved above and beyond our society's expecations and general way of approaching life. We like to believe that we are immune to the culture and its bonehead version of how one should live. And yet, I continue to find myself falling into the traps I have always scoffed at.

On more than one occaision I have found myself buying the media's version of "sexy".
It slips my mind that sexy comes in all shapes, sizes, clothing choices, facial expressions, contexts . . . and yet at my core, I believe that the same 2 or 3 sex scenes that are done over and over again in Hollywood epitomize what it means to be sexy. Herb tends to laugh when I TRY to be sexy. I told this to my friend Sarah a few weeks ago, to which she replied, "Of course he laughs at you. You have been making that same stupid, pouty "sexy" face since I have known you! It isn't sexy!"

Live and learn, right?

We all know my dear husband's take on the sexy face . . . what do you think?


Hot or not?
Hot!
Not Hot!
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

2 Comments:

Blogger denverherbie said...

seriously, I hardly know where to start with this one! Needless to say, I laughed hard at Sarah's comment when Cara told me. Here's what I love about my wife... that she was brave enough to relate Sarah's comment to me, knowing that she would be providing a huge laugh at her own expense!

9:54 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger cara harjes said...

hurricanic,
sexy isn't something you do it's something you are. so if you happen to be standing in front of an ihop, well then, you are being sexy in front of an ihop.

10:13 AM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home