1.30.2006

Hindsight

I decided last week that three months is definately far enough along to take a little trip without my new husband. While we both admit that we loved the trip down memory lane as we remembered what it was like to be single, it may have been a bit too big of an undertaking for marriage newbies like us. So, he got to help our friends move without me teasing him for taking a whistle with him (he insists that whistles, along with a stop watch, and orange cones universally enhance the moving experience!) . . . and for me, I got to navigate the rental car & airport systems in my own learning disabled-ish way. Where my sweet man can remember everything spoken, written, interpretively danced in his general direction, I have to look things up and bring information with me in order to survive in a new city. And I find it satisfying.
Despite the joke-free orange cones and my slow-poke airport ways, I missed him. Especially when I heard my friends doing a shower duet. Now, we might not have picked Stevie Wonder, but that should have been us. Next time, K & L, there WILL be a shower sing-off, so you better practice . . . because next time you see me, you know I will have my sweetie in tow!

4 Comments:

Blogger cara harjes said...

Beth, i think you might be onto something. Afterall, even our last name has been frequently mispronounced, suggesting a Latin origin.

3:56 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger cara harjes said...

hamster,
as a therapist, I have been professionally trained to protect the rights and confidentiality of others. so, except for the dozen or so people who know who i was staying with last weekend, your identity is completely anonymous! no worries, buddy!

and yes, you sure do a mean stevie - i'll give ya that!

7:38 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger denverherbie said...

why am I Herb senior? is it my penchant for whistles and orange cones?

1:15 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger cara harjes said...

Denverherbie,
Senior as in "mister" in Spanish . . . not the over 60 crowd at Denny's . . . not to worry, i haven't started buying Depends in bulk for you yet!

4:41 PM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home