11.07.2008

The Risks of Drinking A Smoothie While Fighting

SO, just in time for our anniversary celebration,
i have a great marriage story . . .

So, a week ago, Herb and I were in an argument. It was the kind that we should have taken a break from, because NOBODY was winning. He made a comment that was intended to make me feel heard and loved, but I was so irritated by that point, so I just got angrier. I slammed my breakfast smoothie (homemade, no preservatives . . . ) onto the counter. I noticed a little splashed onto my sleeve and wiped what spilled off of the counter.

Fast forward a few days. I was walking through the living room a noticed that something smelled like puke. I told our roommate/basement renter that there was an odd smell, but that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. "Yeah," she said, "I thought I smelled something. it reminded me of when my mom would cut up papya - and i always thought that smelled like puke."

Later that night, I smelled it again, but only in the middle of the living/kitchen area. Herb couldn't smell it. All week the smell progressed and seemed to "move around" the main floor. Gross. Herb still couldn't smell it. This morning, he walked inside after taking care of the car and finally, he got a BIG wiff. And when a man whose sniffer doesn't work all that well can smell the mysterious traveling puke smell, you KNOW it is not in your imagination and it is time to get serious!

That is when the real investigating began. We checked the heat vents - no odor. We checked for a sewer back up - nope. I was just about ready to scrub the floors when herb noticed some greyish purple spots on the ceiling above our breakfast bar. We were both thinking some sort of scary mold or something. I climbed up and realized that the spots had berry seeds in them . . . not unlike the berry seeds in my smoothie the morning i therw my temper tantrum last week!!!!

SO, basically, I got angry and as a result, I had fresh fruit ROTTING on my CEILING! Thankfully, we have now located the smell, and JUST IN TIME to prevent me from scrubbing the floors! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chicken Legs said...

This is it... I'm convinced you two now have enough fodder to create your own sitcom

10:37 AM, November 07, 2008  
Blogger denverherbie said...

seriously, that's like an entire season's running joke.
"Seriously, what is that smell? Did you throw up in the middle of the kitchen and not tell anyone?" We could have a whole episode where we blame the smell on Craiger.

11:50 AM, November 07, 2008  
Blogger Rhi said...

i want to meet the housemate.
she must have some GOOD stories!

12:10 PM, November 07, 2008  
Blogger Melanie said...

i'm ashamed to say: been there & done that shiznit! LOL

9:34 PM, November 10, 2008  
Blogger Tony Gambee said...

Next time you want to diffuse a fight, just say "you are starting to smell like moldy ceiling juice"

see, that makes everyone feel better.

to herb: marriage advice: let her win, you know who was right, but she doesn't have to know you know.

7:06 AM, November 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home