11.17.2008

dAy*OnE*


this morning was my first treatment for my bulging disks.
the doctors and staff are all very nice,
though we have a little cigarette smoke issue
that i am going to have to figure out with one of the techs.
it is not fun being strapped down for 30 minutes
by a person who had nicotine for breakfast!
especially if you are sensitive to smoke.
but otherwise, it went really well
and i came home and got right into bed.
well, onto bed, technically.

my heart is both skeptical and hopeful.
i can't believe that i might start living a life
that is not centered around trying to manage my pain!
it is hard to believe.
for years, i have tried various treatments.
i have prayed.
but nothing has changed.
so, it is a little bit hard to let myself fully open my heart up
to the possibility.
but underneath my skepticism,
i am a hopeful person.
so, under the cautious questioning,
i am thrilled!

i can't wait to get to know pain-free cara!
i bet she is a lot of fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger TaMs* said...

yippee! I am so excited and hopeful for you. It's a good time of year to stay indoors relaxing. All cozy and warm.
Let's schedule a time for me to come get cozy with you! I can bring food and bev. How about a little afternoon art, apps and wine. ?
xo

12:09 PM, November 17, 2008  
Blogger Tony Gambee said...

I don't necessarily know pain-free Cara, but I know fun cara... so I'll bet she is lots of fun too.

I hate physical therapy too, I hope yours gets better.

5:06 AM, November 18, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Cara,
I wanted to send well wishes your way.
I'm Rachel Denbow's sister-in-law, so I know your blog by that association :)
I thought I'd send my reading recommendations just for fun:
Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott
Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella
I hope you take care and recover well.
Brittany Denbow

11:39 AM, November 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home