6.07.2007

all you need to know . . .


is that as i sat toward the front of the movie theatre
and craned my head back
i saw plenty of light reflecting
off of the metal emblems centered on the foreheads
of children, tweens, and teenagers alike

me: "are those people wearing headbands?"
herb: "yes. yes they are."

i kept my hand secured on herb's forearm most of the evening
to ensure that i didn't laugh outloud.
instead, i just dug my fingers into his flesh.

you also need to know that people were cheering throughout this film
we waited for the prompts of our seatmates
(who, impressively, did not take us up on our offer to sit behind them!)
before hooting or hollering.

my 15 year old friend was sweet and funny
her companion
(whom i was brashly informed "is NOT my boyfriend")
was equally sweet, funny, and charming.
and he shared his mozeralla cheese sticks with me at Red Robin.

on the way home, i told herb
"i don't know how B wouldn't like him.
i am a grown, married woman,
and i had a crush on him within 10 minutes!"

that's not weird, is it?

weird would have been if i had worn the ninja costume.
i didn't.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

lol - you are so funny. I am not sure if i would have been able to NOT laugh my head off!

4:09 AM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

I wondered how the movie went. Wow, what an experience!

10:18 AM, June 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home