4.26.2007

TAGGED! (does this mean i am cool now?)

so it finally happened.
and right at the perfect time - i have 15 minutes between clients and what a better way to spend that time than to post meaningless, random information about myself?

that's right - i got tagged by this cool girl
a while back, this beauty threatened to tag me . . . but it never happened.

here we go . . .
ten random things about cara harjes . . .

1. in the 8th grade, i won a greek myth writing contest.

2. i can hold a penny in my right dimple.

3. even though i am the oldest, i am not the typical first born kid.

4. i stopped watching chic flicks during my engagement so the idea of "fantasy guy" wouldn't get up in my head and freak me out.

5. i dressed up as an artist on career day in the third grade.

6. also in the third grade, i had a surgery to correct a condition in my eyes that had been presenting as dyslexia.
this experience provided me with two important things:
a) i didn't have to be enrolled in Special School District and i was actually on the honor roll by the end of 4th grade!
b) i received a stuffed monkey from my teacher, whom i named after my anesthesiologhist, Doctor Scheker.

7. i sleep with socks on.
even if that is all i have on.
i must have socks.
and then half way through the night, i wake up long enough to take them off.
i have a perpetual pile of socks in the bottom of the bed.

8. i have blond streak of hair that is a birth mark.

9. after 9/11, i coped by learning how to Lindy Hop.
for about three years i went swing dancing at LEAST once a week.
sometimes two or three times.
i even have the cute 40's wedge, open-toed suede bottom dance shoes to show for it!

10. my mom and all of her siblings were adopted.
maybe someday we will adopt.

*** If you relate to any of these RANDOM things . . . give me a shout out! (i stole that from rachel's blog too!)

TAG: you are it:

herb!.)
kelly!.)
dave!.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger RachelDenbow said...

I won a Lindy Hop contest in high school but only because we were the only ones that knew more than 5 moves.

I am also a late-night-sock-taker-offer.

6:57 PM, April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do the EXACT same sock routine! haha.

8:09 PM, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Chicken Legs said...

I can stick quarters up my nostrils. I've had three in each before.

8:55 AM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

but i did tag you. i left a comment on your blog and everything. i think it was right before you went to mexico.

10:09 AM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger cara harjes said...

you said you were going to tag me that next week, i thought.
but since i am a tag newbie, i guess i never realized that it actually happened!!!!
so, we'll say this is the first time i realized i was tagged! (how's that?)

11:21 AM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Joyous said...

I related to one...I related to one!! :) Heh...now which one was it...oh yeah! Every time I wash our bed sheets I find a couple of pairs of socks in there! :)

3:04 PM, April 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home