6.19.2006

wise girl lori chaffer


Alone Everybody
by Lori Chaffer and Don Chaffer

i am happiest when by myself
nobody’s hurts nobody’s helps
like a gun or bullet on a shelf
alone everybody’s fine

i’ve been playing little tricks on me
it’s fascinating what i’ll believe
then in circled stitches my mind weaves
alone everybody lies

i tell myself my life is pretty easy
i take a pill if i am ever queasy
i shut the door when it gets a little breezy
but people really baffle me

so i tiptoe around because it’s easier to fake it
try not to be loud, or emotionally naked.
i’ll agree to go out with my friends, but never make it
at least i keep my evenings free

if you want to try to shift the blame
think of how hard you try and all your pain
oh, there’s one amendment to the game
alone everybody cries

i’ve been thinking i could get along
i think i’m happy, i think i’m strong
but like my cactus when it’s dry too long
alone even cacti die
alone everybody’s fine
alone everybody lies
alone everybody cries

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony Gambee said...

I'm a huge Waterdeep/Chafer fan too. How do you like that whole album?

3:49 PM, July 19, 2006  
Blogger cara harjes said...

tony - yes, i very much LOVE this entire album. i in fact, love everything sung my mrs. chaffer!

6:01 PM, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home