2.15.2006

Brady Wisdom

When talking about relationships and specifically marriage, people always say, "If you are going to marry somebody you should be happy with who they are now and content if they never change." While I get the point of this advise, I don't totally agree. I think there is a call to change. For all of us. We are not as we were created to be. I don't think that who I am today is who I should be in 10 years from now. Christ gives us a call to change and grow . . . not only that, He gives us the grace and forgiveness to do so.

Herb's love for me gives me permission to be who I am today. He is learning to celebrate who I am . . . as is. It is not always easy for either of us to lavish love on the other when the other is being a bonehead. Or even when the other is just being normal. We are not always each other's best cheerleader. But we want to be. We want to change. His love for me doesn't stop at loving (or learning to love) where I am right now. Because he loves, me he wants the best for me. Because he sees my heart, he wants me to live FULLY out of it. And that would require change. His love for me . . . God's love for me . . . calls me to grow and become a new person. I think there is room for that in love.

I also find it interesting that in many couples where both parties are trying to find God and trying to grow & heal, there is an uncanny balance thing that happens. In other words, Herb's strengths tend to be in the areas where I need healing and growth. And the other way around too.

"Time to Change"
Words and music by R. Bloodworth, C. Welch, B. Mechel



Sha na na na na na na na na,
Sha na na na na.
Sha na na na na na na na na,
Sha na na na na.

Autumn turns to winter,
And winter turns to spring.
It doesn't go just for seasons you know,
It goes for everything.

The same is true for voices,
When boys begin to grow.
You gotta take a lesson from Mother Nature,
And if you do you'll know.

Chorus:
When it's time to change (when it's time to change),
Don't fight the tide, go along for the ride,
Don't ya see.
When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange,
Who you are and what you're gonna be.
Sha na na na na na na na na
Sha na na na na.
Sha na na na na na na na na na
Sha na na na na

Day by day you're facing the changes you've been through,
A little bit of living, a little bit of growing all adds up to you.
Every boy's a man inside,
A girl a woman too.
And if you want to reach your destiny,
Then here's what you can do.

Repeat Chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home