1.05.2007

I'm Over It


It is snowing.
Again.
For the third time
in three weeks.

I am researching cheap flights to Mexico.
Heck - we have miles - we could just fly for free.

Maybe when we get back this will have all melted.

Probably not.
I have to come back before MARCH!

In other news . . .

I finally got over my "artists block" with the painting I am doing . . .
Who would have guessed that wandering into Paper Talk to get invites for Aly's "baby shower" would help me over the hump . . . but it is amazing what a new pack of the most perfect black and white polka-dotted tissue paper . . . mixed with a funny conversation with a self-proclaimed co-dependant gay man . . . will do for a girl! I am grateful.

I have been thinking about goals for this next year . . . still have not figured that all out yet. But certainly am realizing that my life is really different than it was a year and a half ago and I have a lot of room to play with my creativity - but with that freedom comes the flip side . . . a lack of structure and expectation. So, I must figure out a groove with finding my own set of goals and structure.

Life is good.
Now, if I could just remember that!!!!

I was listening to "Cecilia" this morning and chuckled as I remembered that it was not that long ago that I realized that Paul Simon was the Simon of Simon & Garfunkle. Funny.

I am also really enjoying Regina Spektor (especially On the Radio) . . . and the Grey's Anatomy Season One Soundtrack . . . especially the last 5 or 6 songs.

I have been talking to Kelly Jackson a lot lately . . . three times in one week - lucky girl am I! Grateful for her too . . . so that makes tissue paper, a gay wedding planner, and Kelly on my gratitude list so far . . .

And herb. I am grateful for herb. He has been playing out of the box with me lately . . . and I appreciate that a lot! We went sledding! So much fun. I have not been sledding in about 7 years! And then, for New Years, we stayed in an made homemade sausage. Yep. That's right. We are trying out new family traditions . . . that are just ours. We really are liking this one! It is just quirky and funny and odd enough . . . But then we had people over the next day for football, lounging and sausage . . . so, really, that helped normalize it a bit. Next year, Sausage Fest 2007! Herb is already thinking about T-shirt designs . . . get excited!

All right . . . back to my canvas.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger peanutgallery said...

that's funny. i was just thinking last night about escaping to mexico. although it's not to leave the weather... i LOVE it! If i weren't bound for NYC in 6 days I would probably be headed south.

12:50 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger bansheewigs said...

i'm so over the snow, too. i think it's the crazy covered wagon driving that i'm so over with! last night i almost inadvertently hit a car, the side streets need some serious plowing! i walked to work today.

mexico sounds lovely right about now, i'd go if i didn't have this bloody deadline i'm working on!

well, thanks for entertaining me, once again. Simon - ha hahaha -- i don't remember when i realized that, but i'm sure there was a time. oh glad the sausage tradition went well on NYE.

1:02 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

i want a t-shirt.

1:40 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Tony Gambee said...

If you invite the gay wedding planner to the "Sausage Fest 2007", you may want to explain a little.

7:02 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger kelli said...

Around here I am worrying about global warming. Nary a flake to be found. I actually said to Anthony that wouldn't it be the best and at the same time most awful thing if we never saw snow this winter...weird.

It sure looks beautiful in your neck of the woods though!

My brother got stuck for 2 days on a highway in New Mexico.

7:03 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger kelli said...

I feel the need to apologize for my husband...aye aye aye!!!

7:04 PM, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home