10.19.2006

Beauty


WOW! I have felt so inspired and fired up since I gave my talk about beauty and body image last weekend. Then I posted most of it here because I was so excited about it! Then I thought more and more about my long time goal of having an article or even a book published. And then I thought more about what I wrote about beauty and body image. And how I might like to use some of that in my pursuit of publication.

So, for now, I am taking it off of the World Wide Web. Just seems like a good idea. I would hate for somebody to like it, "borrow" it, publish it before I do, and then all of a sudden I am talking to Katie Couric's replacement on the Today Show about why on earth I published somebody else's work. (I do realize, of course that that girl from Harvard most likely did use somebody else's work. But wouldn't it be weird if I was accused of plagiarizing my own plagiarizer? Note to self: learn how to spell plagiarize before trying to get published). If you have any questions about what I wrote, let me know. It is an important topic and I feel very excited about women learning where their true beauty and value come from! We can chat. Otherwise, it is going into a safe place for now.

The good news is, I feel inspired to take writing off of my "someday" list and put it on the "today" list. I am going to do it. I am going to work on the essay I published here and see what it turns into. I have a magazine in mind that I might send it to for review. Special thanks to my friend Kelly who inspires me by keeping her five year goals on her fridge. I have mine up now (to my husban's chagrin, i am sure because he hates things hanging on fridges!) I have already crossed one thing off!
Here I go!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kelli said...

Cara, that's amazing. After I read your blog and thought about it off and on today I thought...I am going to go back to my computer and tell her she should write a book. Lo and behold I got here to do just that and you were already two steps ahead of me. I can't wait to read it!!

6:56 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger BJ said...

Cara. I must say that I am waiting with eager anticipation until you become an author. Which will hopefully open tons of doors for you for public speaking. That's what I REALLY want for you. Or perhaps for me. Nothing is better than listening to you tell stories. :)

One thing someone told me yesterday.... "If your end goal is to be a worship leader, then that's what you are now. Live and act as though you are a worship leader. The title will follow."

So, my dear, it's clear that you already are a published and acclaimed writer. The formalities of a title simply haven't made it to your doorstep yet. ;)

8:35 AM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger Cara B-F said...

Cara,
send some of your inspirational stuff my way! I'd love to read what you have written.
hugs & kisses
Cara

10:53 AM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home