10.17.2006

YUM!

Snow is falling outside my window. Well, all over Denver. But I can see it outside of my window and it is lovely!

I scrubbed my legs and arms with a mixture of olive oil and brown sugar. Ladies, you have everything you need in your pantry to mix up a little something that will help you feel lovely!

Your base is a "grain" to exfoliate:
Choose from things like salt, ground oatmeal, coffee grounds, sugar (brown or white), ground almonds.

Then you add your liquid to moisturize:
Jojoba oil, safflower oil, apricot kernel oil, grape seed oil, even olive or vegetable oil. Don't use mineral oil (baby oil) because it will clog and dry the skin.

Finally, add a few drops of a scented oil.

Other yummy stuff . . . if you are making Thanksgiving dinner this year, check out the current issue of Bon Appetit - there are some incredible recipes inside!

Not so yummy . . . I have some sort of yucky stomach thing going on today. But I would rather have this than have a cold!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cara B-F said...

I hope you are feeling better today. At least the tummy bug only lasts a day, whereas other illnesses can drag on. IT'S SNOWING!!!????

11:03 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger kelli said...

There was a time when I made many of my own beauty products. Scrubs, lotions, lip glosses, blushes, toners, soaps, hair treatments and even baby wipes and laundry detergent. If you want any recipes, let me know. I should do it again. I really liked it, I just got lazy.

The scrubs were always my favorite.

12:17 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger bansheewigs said...

thanks for this, cara, i've been looking for creative, organic ways to exfoliate and moisturize!

4:46 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger cara harjes said...

you made your own BABY WIPES! are you are super hero?

5:46 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger kelli said...

Yeah. Totally easy. I will give you the super hero secret when it's your time! Actually, they would make great make-up remover as well.

I always used a "used" baby wipe container to keep them in, it was easier than rubbermaid. You take individual sheets of paper towel and fold them and stack them one on top of another in the container till they fill it. THen make a solution of baby oil (2T.), Johnson and Johnson's liquid baby soap (about 1-1/2 T.) and water. Pour over the paper until moist. Close the lid, give them a shake and voila...baby wipes, or make up remover. Now, that was before I knew about the pore clogging mineral oil, so you could use any other type of oil I'm sure.

7:02 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home