6.21.2006


I love "three day reads" . . . it is so indulgent and satisfying.
This book stirred a place inside that I have grown out of touch with in the past few years. Perhaps it is because my one big pleasure has distracted me from small, simple pleasures. Or perhaps my heart has forgotten what brings me joy. But this book caused me to revisit the question, "what are the small pleasures that I find joy in? that i am reminded of God's love and of the joy available in this life."

some things that give me pleasure:
slow gut-filled music, cooking, watching people, laying in the grass, grazing used cd stores . . .

if you had a year of pleasures, what would you partake in?

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cara harjes said...

. . . .of course we will hang. give me some real dates because i think i will go visit my grandma ("memaw") towards the end of the month for her b-day but i am flexible as to when i go. would love to see you here!

9:26 AM, June 22, 2006  
Blogger travis said...

If there were no ramifications I would take up smoking again. The Camel and I would ride again.
I would read one Flannery story a day, take a walk in the woods or prairie, dive into the simplicity of God on a daily basis, and leave harassing messages on Eddie Vedder's phone.

1:07 PM, June 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home