4.06.2008

art journaling . . . not just for ninjas anymore



hey, if you live in the denver area
(or, you feel like a little road trip!)
come and have some fun with paint and paper and glue.
i am holding two classes in my home this month and would love to have you join us!

if you are still totally confused, here is a little more info.
if you want to know more about how ninjas relate to any of this . . .
i am afraid i cannot help you!



art journaling is a way of expressing and exploring yourself and the world around you.

it uses color and texture and paint and collage to take you from the familiar experience of
writing complete sentences on a lined piece of paper
into a completely new realm of interacting with your thoughts and your voice on paper.
by invoking the creative parts of the brain,
art journaling creates a new level of awareness and understanding.
it can be fun, playful, messy, enlightening, exciting, wild.
it can be as simple as trying out a new color of ink or a different style of handwriting.
or as adventurous as letting paint and ink spill onto your pages and adding elements of collage.
it can be whatever you need it to be on any given day.

example by cara harjes


example by rachel denbow


example by keri smith


example by sabrina ward harrison

6 Comments:

Blogger Rhi said...

yes i'll come please.
*sigh*

3:42 AM, April 07, 2008  
Blogger TaMs* said...

how fun!
This should be great!

10:21 AM, April 07, 2008  
Blogger RachelDenbow said...

I wish, I wish, I wish I could.
I wish, I wish, I wish I could.
But I will be thinking of all the inspiring things you all will be making and I'll make something, too.
So, in a way, I'll be participating with you. From VERY far away. And without the gladness of other happy mess makers.

1:22 PM, April 08, 2008  
Blogger RachelDenbow said...

Um edit the last sentence to say:
But without the gladness of other happy mess makers.

Because I'm all about the gladness.

1:23 PM, April 08, 2008  
Blogger Kimberly Scott said...

sooo jealous!! i wish i could be there. you inspire!

3:39 PM, April 10, 2008  
Blogger alittlebitofscrap said...

This sounds wonderful! Wish I didn't live so far away :)

11:09 AM, April 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home