9.21.2007

look closely



a picture of a loving couple
on vacation in san francisco?
perhaps.
well, yes.
technically, yes.
but, what else do you see?

consiter this
little encounter
i had in the ladies restroom at the airport
just a few hours previously:

young girl walks out of toilet stall.
and stares.
at me.
mother is distracted
and without looking at the girl
just sort of reaches behind her
to grab her daughter's hand.
effort failed.
little girl is stopped in her tracks.
staring.
at me.
did i already mention that?
and stuttering,
"that girl . . . that girl . . . "

me?
oh, i am smiling.
using my magical kid eye contact powers
that are probably really only
magical by my standards.
little kids are probably actually
scared out of their minds by my
squinty, smilely eyes
and my crinkled nose.
mothers probably think
i am plotting to steal their child
and sell her on the black market . . .
or Ebay.
it is understandable.

but this girl is not scared.
it is more like she is entranced.
with me.
again, not common,
but understandable.

and she is trying to speak.
but full sentences are not forming.
i have those days.
totally get that.

"that girl . . . that girl."
mother continues to mindlessly
try to stear the girl
out of the cattle pen
that is internationally,
without fail,
every airport women's restroom.
the girl continues to stand her ground.
words begin to flow.

"that girl. THAT GIRL!
is she . . .
is she a PIRATE????"


now, take a little peak at that picture again.
enjoy.
happy weekend!

by the way, if you have not seen
this show
yet,
you MUST check it out.
some people are getting all
chatty about
"child labor" . . .
UGH!
can't we just live, people?
live and enjoy and just STOP
always looking for something
to beef about?
anyway, i laughed out loud
BELLY LAUGHED
three different times
during this show.
and i was watching it alone!

5 Comments:

Blogger denverherbie said...

And what you can't see in the first picture is that Cara's right hand is actually a hook... after the airport "incident" she tried a little harder to conceal her identity.

I'll have to double-check this, but I think pirates are are the no-fly list, so you can understand our nervousness.

5:54 PM, September 21, 2007  
Blogger kelli said...

Question: Why didn't the daddy pirate let the baby pirate go to the movie??? (answer at bottom)

San Francisco? That is one of my favorite cities...I suppose I'm partial as I grew up there. But even if I hadn't I would still think it's a great place. Where did you go? Tell me more.

Answer: It was rated AAARRRR!!

You can tell it to your little neighbor friends. The ten year old were roll her eyes, I guarantee it!

10:58 PM, September 21, 2007  
Blogger Tony Gambee said...

Completely understandable and natural conclusion. Let's look at the signs.

1. scarf hat thing
2. hoop earrings
3. concealed hook hand
4. a peircing stare
5. oh, and the silly agreeable sidekick whom follows your every command like the good minion that he is.

12:12 PM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Tony Gambee said...

By the way, my deductive talents also reveal that she is from Michigan and...

she just urinated on the seat.

Just call me Columbo.

12:15 PM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger kelli said...

Tony, huh?

3:43 PM, September 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home