7.18.2007

the art

here we go . . .









i was commissioned by a woman who, from what i can tell,
is a go-getter
turns out we went to the same high school in missouri
so, of course she is above average! :)

despite my red & white colt pride,
i tend not to be such a go-getter these days
or at least, it is fair to say, i like to "go get"
at my own pace

but she gave me a large task:
six pieces
in about 8 weeks
one word was given
that each person who will be receiving these pieces
wants to be inspired by each day
and just one adjective to describe each woman's style
was given to me to guide my process.

yikes!

but, when you put a little jet fuel behind me,
i kind of don't mind so much!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger kelli said...

I think believe is my favorite one! But it's hard to decide.

8:02 AM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Jill Felix said...

I love the art work Cara. Can you maybe help me make something for Isaac's bed room or my house? It would be fun to have some of your artwork in my home in NZ. :)Maybe we can work on something as a team and you could show me your stuff. Did you know that Isaac is going to be a brother? We are 9 weeks prego and loving life. Looking forward to seeing you before the summers end.

3:08 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Heidi Joe said...

Daaang, girl! I'm blown away by how cool those are! I've been wanting to try the whole canvas thing but I don't know how to stick it all down.

You rocked it, for real!! Love your blog, thanks for stoppin' by mine!

7:33 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Mania de Tati said...

Hello, my name is Tatiana, is of Brazil, forgives me for the English, but I am using a translator to write. laughs. I love scrapbook and I found its blog in the commentaries of the Elsie. Its work is pretty. When it will be able comes to know mine blog, kisses, Tati (Brazil)

7:50 AM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

Your work is just fab!!! Congrats on all of it!

8:31 AM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger TaMs* said...

Very nice!
Believe is my fav and I really like Perseverance.
Yee haww girl!!
Paint, paint, paint! See you tonight,
tams

1:23 PM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger RachelDenbow said...

Cara,
I'm so proud of your accomplishment! They are all beautiful and so unique but there is a definite mark of consistency in them. You did a great job and I'm really impressed. Thanks for posting these!

10:00 PM, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Rachael said...

Wow!! I love it!! Very unique!

1:22 PM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger BJ said...

.... waiting on an update from the weekend... :)

10:09 AM, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home